- Finishing Kit
- Tyres & Tubes
Cannondale Scalpel Carbon SE 1 Carbon 29 Mountain Bike 2021
Scalpel SE’s patented FlexPivot suspension results in more grip, more control, and more speed. 120mm of plush travel works so well that it feels like so much more – meaning all-day singletrack sessions are a gas.
Scalpel’s progressive XC attitude has evolved even further with a slack and stable 67° headtube angle – combined with shorter stems, bigger tires, dropper posts and bigger travel: if you love riding trails fast, precise and in full control, then this is the bike for you.
The key to Scalpel’s incredible suspension performance and light weight. These patented carbon plates create virtual Horst link pivots, while being stiffer and lighter than bearings. Incredibly durable. Incredibly flexible. And completely maintenance-free.
Unlike the competition, who use the same suspension kinematic across all sizes, we customize the layout of our suspension for each one, so that every rider, from the smallest to the tallest, experiences the same brilliant suspension performance.
STASH Kit Compatible
Compatible with the STASH kit (purchased separately). An aftermarket kit containing everything you need for lightning-fast trailside repairs stashes neatly under your water bottle. Quick and easy.
An integrated wheel sensor delivers hyper accurate speed, route and distance info, registers your bike, reminds you of needed service and more, all through the free Cannondale App.
Ai – Asymmetric Integration
Our unique offset drivetrain delivers big tire/mud clearance while keeping the chainstays short for traction and agility. Factor in that it also creates a stiffer, stronger rear wheel, and Ai is a win-win-win.
Proper hydration, without the pack. Hallelujah!
DirectLine Cable Routing
Tube-in-tube internal cable routing in the frame and swingarm makes installing cables quick and easy.
- Wheel Sensor: Cannondale Wheel Sensor
- Bottom Bracket: Cannondale Alloy PressFit30
- Chain: Shimano SLX, 12-speed
- Crank: HollowGram, BB30a, OPI SpideRing, 32T, Ai offset
- Rear Cogs: Shimano XT, 10-51, 12-speed
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT
- Shifters: Shimano XT, 12-speed
- Fork: RockShox SID Select+ RL, 120mm, Debonair, 15x110mm thru-axle, tapered steerer, 44mm offset
- Frame: All-New, 120mm travel, BallisTec Carbon, Proportional Response Tuned, FlexPivot Chainstay, PF30-83, Tapered Headtube,Speed Release 12mm thru axle, Ai Offset, Stash compatible
- Headset: Integrated Sealed Bearing, Tapered
- Rear Shock: RockShox SIDLuxe Select+, 2-Pos mode adjust, adjustable rebound
- Front Hub: Formula, 15x110
- Rear Hub: DT Swiss, 12x148
- Rims: HollowGram 25, Superlight Hi-Impact Carbon, 28h, 25mm IW, tubeless ready
- Spokes: DT Swiss Competition Race, straight-pull
- Tire Size: 2.35
- Tires: (F) Maxxis Ardent Race, 29 x 2.35", EXO Protection, tubeless ready (R) Maxxis Recon Race, 29 x 2.25", EXO Protection, tubeless ready
- Wheel Size: 29
- Brake Levers: Shimano XT hydraulic disc
- Brakes: Shimano XT hydraulic disc, 180/160mm XT rotors
- Grips: ESI Chunky Silicone, 32mm dia.
- Handlebar: Cannondale 1 Riser, Carbon, 31.8mm, 9° sweep, 4° rise, 780mm
- Saddle: Fabric Scoop Flat Elite, cro-mo rails
- Seatpost: Cannondale DownLow Dropper, internal routing, 31.6, 100mm (S), 125mm (M-L), 150mm (XL)
- Stem: Cannondale 1, 7075 Alloy, 1-1/8", 31.8, 7°
- Extra 1: Stash Kit (Fabric 8-in-1 Mini Tool and Dynaplug tubeless puncture repair tool), Tubeless valve stems