- Finishing Kit
- Tyres & Tubes
Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 3 Lefty 29 Mountain Bike 2021
The most advanced suspension ever made for XC. While others sacrifice performance to save weight, our patented FlexPivot suspension delivers both. Incredibly light, with unreal grip, acceleration and control, it lets you go flat-out everywhere. More speed. More fun.
Scalpel’s progressive geometry has evolved even further – we have a full degree and a half slacker headtube angle, one-degree steeper seat tube angle – creating an XC bike that’s more aggressive, lightning-fast, fun and stable everywhere, from the World Cup to your local loop.
The key to Scalpel’s incredible suspension performance and light weight. These patented carbon plates create virtual Horst link pivots, while being stiffer and lighter than bearings. Incredibly durable. Incredibly flexible. And completely maintenance-free.
Unlike the competition, who use the same suspension kinematic across all sizes, we customize the layout of our suspension for each one, so that every rider, from the smallest to the tallest, experiences the same brilliant suspension performance.
OutFront Steering Geometry
Lefty’s extra-long fork offset gives you more stability and confidence when things get rough, while keeping the steering XC-quick everywhere else.
An integrated wheel sensor delivers hyper accurate speed, route and distance info, registers your bike, reminds you of needed service and more, all through the free Cannondale App.
Ai – Asymmetric Integration
Our unique offset drivetrain delivers big tire/mud clearance while keeping the chainstays short for traction and agility. Factor in that it also creates a stiffer, stronger rear wheel, and Ai is a win-win-win.
Proper hydration, without the pack. Hallelujah!
DirectLine Cable Routing
Tube-in-tube internal cable routing in the frame and swingarm makes installing cables quick and easy.
- Wheel Sensor: Cannondale Wheel Sensor
- Bottom Bracket: Cannondale Alloy PressFit30
- Chain: Shimano SLX, 12-speed
- Crank: HollowGram, BB30a, OPI SpideRing, 34T, Ai offset
- Rear Cogs: Shimano SLX, 10-51, 12-speed
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT
- Shifters: Shimano SLX, 12-speed
- Fork: Lefty Ocho, 100mm, Chamber Damper with remote lockout, OppO Spring System, tapered steerer, 55mm offset
- Frame: All-New, 100mm travel, BallisTec Carbon, Proportional Response Tuned, FlexPivot Chainstay, PF30-83, Tapered Headtube,Speed Release 12mm thru axle, Ai Offset, Stash compatible
- Headset: Integrated, 1-1/8 to 1.5", sealed angular contact bearings
- Rear Shock: Fox Float DPS Performance Elite EVOL, remote lockout, adjustable rebound
- Front Hub: Lefty 60
- Rear Hub: Shimano MT510 12x148
- Rims: Stan's NoTubes Crest S1, 28h, tubeless ready
- Spokes: DT Swiss Champion
- Tires: (F) Schwalbe Racing Ray Performance, 29 x 2.25", Addix Compound, tubeless ready, (R) Schwalbe Racing Ralph Performance, 29 x 2.25", Addix Compound, tubeless ready
- Brake Levers: Shimano Deore hydraulic disc
- Brakes: Shimano Deore hydraulic disc, 160/160mm RT54 rotors
- Grips: ESI Chunky Silicone, 32mm dia.
- Handlebar: Cannondale 2 Flat, butted 2014 Alloy, 31.8mm, 3° rise, 8° sweep, 760mm
- Saddle: Prologo Dimension NRD, STN rails
- Seatpost: Cannondale 2, 7075 Alloy, 31.6 x 400mm
- Stem: Cannondale 3, 6061 Alloy, 31.8, 7°